Inspect Cords and Plugs
Eliminate Octopus Connections
- Do not plug several items into one outlet.
- Pull the plug, not the cord.
- Do not disconnect power supply by pulling or jerking the cord from the outlet. Pulling the cord causes wear and may cause a shock.
Never Break OFF the Third Prong on a Plug
Never Use Extension Cords as Permanent Wiring
- Use extension cords only to temporarily supply power to an area that does not have a power outlet.
- Keep extension cords away from heat, water and oil. They can damage the insulation and cause a shock.
- Do not allow vehicles to pass over unprotected extension cords. Extension cords should be put in protective wireway, conduit, pipe or protected by placing planks alongside them.
30th Jan 2018